Thursday, December 8, 2011

Let the baking begin!

Miss Abbey's fruitcake cookies. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Each December, I pull down my Christmas baking books and decide on which cookies to turn out each year. There are the tried and true, like the 100 cookies and the shortbread with candied cherries. I will make a pan or two of tassies, because I'm a Southern gal, after all. And no Christmas is complete without Christmas cut-out cookies - the ones my girls plead to make and decorate. The fruitcake cookies from my Mom's kitchen are the very best - you can't eat just one!

Christmas cutout cookies. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books
Here's a round-up of my favorite cookies, with links to the recipes (just click on the name in the caption). In the comments below, tell me what your favorite holiday cookies are.

Ginger cookies with raspberry jam. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books.



100 Cookies. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books



Dried cherry biscotti. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books



Lemon Glazed Cookies. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books
Tassies with macadamias and rum. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

Shortbread with candied cherries. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


No comments: