Friday, March 18, 2011

Morning at Lost Mountain Nursery



Bird feeders by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

I spent a lovely morning last week with my Mom. We drove to our favorite plant place, Lost Mountain Nursery in Dallas, Georgia. I like Lost Mountain because they carry lots of perennials, native plants and shrubs, and shade-loving plants. They also carry beautiful ceramic pots and charming gardening knick-knacks. These are just a few things that caught my eye (and a few more that came home with me).

I love blue by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

"What happens on the porch...stays on the porch." by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Yellow begonia by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Red Begonia by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Beware of Dog by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Two bunnies by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Camellia by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


Camellia by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books
Ferns and fiddleheads. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books.

Fiddlehead. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books




Camellia blossoms on ground by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


I picked up a few herbs and violas to take home:

Violas, mint and curly stuff by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


This is the patch of veronica by my driveway - I bought more of this fabulously hardy and colorful groundcover at Lost Mountain. Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books


My porch table with potted veronica in center, violas and herbs and chartreuse stuff on left and right.
 Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books.

Violas, veronica and herbs on front porch table by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books.
I'll be back soon to purchase herbs and tomato seedlings. What are your favorite plant nurseries? Any recommendations for the Atlanta area?

1 comment:

Lynn Coulter said...

i almost didn't repost/retweet your post...could hardly bear to share this with anyone who might beat me to it! but i did share it, because the pix are so lovely and this looks like such a great place to go. Plan to hit it Saturday morning!