Thursday, February 11, 2010

Treats for the Sweet

A heart full of love: Blondies by Lucy Mercer/A Cook and Her Books

This recipe is provided by Laura, who is 11 and a fantastic baker. She learned this recipe from her Mimi, who is her grandmother and my mom. I grew up calling them "brown sugar brownies," but they are really blondies and just about the best thing in the world to come home to (other than my sweet girls and husband).

Mimi’s Blondies

Serves 16

Ingredients:
1 ½ sticks of margarine (don't even think of using butter, the blondies won't have the right texture)
1 pound light brown sugar
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

Instructions:
1. Melt margarine and brown sugar together in a pan on the stove. Pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs, flour, and baking powder in that order. Mix together and pour into a pan.
3. Bake in oven at 350°F for 45 minutes.
4. ENJOY!
This recipe was given to me by my grandma, who taught me and my mother before me to cook. These blondies are a family favorite and are begged and traded for at school! Enjoy! - Laura


No comments: