Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Best of the 70s

My sweet brother sent me a compilation cd for my birthday. I swear, just like sliced ripe Sunny Slope peaches and soft serve vanilla ice cream from the Little Moo Dairy Barn, this sent me back to my red clay South Carolina youth in the 70s.

1. Jim Croce "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown"

2. Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods "Billy, Don't Be a Hero"

3. Wings "Silly Love Songs"

4. Randy Newman "Short People"

5. Dave Loggins "Please Come to Boston"

6. The Wonder Who "Don't Think Twice"

7. Charlie Rich "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World"

8. John Denver "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"

9. Monkees "Daydream Believer"

10. The Archies "Sugar, Sugar"

11. The Tokens "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

12. Elvis Presley "Can't Help Falling in Love"

13. Glen Campbell "Rhinestone Cowboy"

14. Ricky Nelson "Garden Party"

15. Simon & Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

16. Cat Stevens "Morning Has Broken"

17. Elvis Presley "Kentucky Rain"

18. Bobby Darin "If I Were a Carpenter"

No comments: